Thursday, April 3, 2008

baptism of holi day!!!

I almost forgot to talk about my baptism of holi day, a day that i became a citizen of india, an hindu man. On this holi day, a day that is widely celebrated in india as holy, i was baptised with water -dirty or not, flowers and colours - red, blue, green, yellow, brown, black, name them all. Eventhough i was trying to hide among the teachers so as to avoid this, they fished me out and baptized me, a baptism that transformed my cloth, my face, my hair, my mouth, my smell and even my citizenship!!!. Now i look very much like an hindu man, a citizen of india that lasted for some days as long as i still had the colours on me. i am happy that i was wearing a 60ruppes shirt which i could do away with but what about my face, my body. After being in the shower for days, i was able to cleanse myself and became a nigerian citizen again. Now that everbody is back to their normal citizenship, i still don't know why steFan still has a pink hair, maybe he needs more shower!!!

4 comments:

pooja said...

both of you look equally cute..:), though stephan looks too decent for a holi day pic
would be interesting to see some more pics of the holi fights
it took a week for my stained magenta nails and scalp to return to their original colour!

Dayo said...

So pooja, since you people know that the colour is so hard to clean off, why do you still use them, or is there not an alternative?

pooja said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
pooja said...

there is an alternative..
Holi was not celebrated with chemicals till almost a few decades back..it was celebrated with natural colours and water..gulaal (red powder, made out of rose petals and other herbs), yellow powder (turmeric) etc. I know we should have played with these colours since they are truly traditional and the chemicals are a distorted poisonous change that has come upon us..ever since I was a kid I have used these chemicals to play holi..It never struck me as something I had an alternative with..I am sorry I did not introduce you to the right kind of holi..